When: Thursday, Nov 10 (evening) to Sunday, Nov 13, 2016 (see schedule below).
We are very pleased to have Peggy Rowe joining us to lead the retreat.
|Peggy Rowe is a long-term Plum Village tradition practitioner who travelled and taught with Thich Nhat Hahn for many years. She became a member of the Order of Inter-being in 1994 and received lamp transmission in 2001. Peggy holds a doctorate in adult education and a masters degree in counseling psychology. She is currently on the faculty of Atlantic University for the masters in Mindful Leadership. Peggy is the author of Making Friends with Time and she also co-wrote Love’s Garden. She loves beach walks with her husband Larry and dog Charlie.|
PLEASE NOTE: The retreat is very close to full now. Feel free to register using the link below. However, filling out the registration does not guarantee a spot and you may be put on a wait list. We will let you know ASAP (hopefully within 48 hrs) once you have registered as to your status. Thanks!
Online registration is available here.
Please send a cheque written out to ‘Wild Rose Sangha’ for $280 to:
309 – 823 Royal Avenue SW
Or bring payment to a Monday night Sangha gathering.
The retreat cost includes food and accomodation. Financial assistance may be available for those in need.
What to Bring:
- meditation cushion, and/or other meditation props you prefer (benches, zafus etc.) We will have extras if you do not or cannot bring one yourself.
- Blanket for total relaxation practice
- Notebook or journal
- Bedding or a warm sleeping bag and a pillow including a sheet (bare mattresses are provided with no bedding). It is dormitory style accommodation in shared rooms.
- loose, comfortable, warm clothing such as sweat pants, also a small blanket or sweater, and walking/hiking shoes or boots
- Warm coat plus a hat, scarf and gloves or mitts for walking meditation outdoors
- slippers or indoor shoes
- towel and soap, toiletries
- earplugs (there are bound to be some loud sleepers among us)
- a flashlight for any nighttime strolls
Feel free to come to our regular Monday night Sangha gatherings if you have questions (come early to connect before the start of the regular service). You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.