Please join the Wild Rose Sangha for a meditation retreat in beautiful Kananaskis.
When: Friday, Nov 9 (evening) to Monday, Nov 12, 2018 (see schedule below).
We are very pleased to have Chan Huy joining us to lead the retreat.
|Dharma Teacher Chân Huy, B.Sc, MSc. and MBA teaches the art of mindful living in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh and Plum Village. Ordained by Thich Nhat Hanh in 1994 as a lay dharmacarya (dharma teacher), Chan Huy offers Dharma talks and leads retreats and other mindfulness activities across Canada and the United States. Chan Huy also serves as the main teacher for our community and many other communities such as Laughing Rivers Sangha in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Beginner’s Mind Sangha in Boise, Idaho, Heartland Sangha in Kansas City, Missouri, and Wabi Sabi Sangha in Santa Barbara, California. In Canada where he resides, Chan Huy serves as the principal teacher of the Community of Mindful Living of Montréal in 1997, which he founded.
« Chan Huy is an ordinary man who transmits an extraordinary teaching. Thanks to the quality of his presence, we come to perceive what is really the state of mindfulness. And we can only hope to live into more often. » Lucie Dumoulin, Guide Ressources.
“If you have wanted to hear Thich Nhat Hanh in person but have not been able to do so, Chan Huy can give you a taste of that experience. He is among the most accomplished and articulate of Thich Nhat Hanh’s lay Dharma Teachers. You will know from his presence that he embodies the practice of mindfulness.” Dr. Rowan Conrad, Open Way Sangha, Missoula, Montana. To learn more about Chan Huy visit his sangha website
Sample Schedule (To be Confirmed Closer to Retreat):
Please register using the link below. However, filling out the registration does not guarantee a spot and you may be put on a waitlist. We will let you know ASAP (hopefully within 48 hrs) once you have registered as to your status. Thanks!
Please send a cheque written out to ‘Wild Rose Sangha’ for $380 to:
309 – 823 Royal Avenue SW
Or bring payment to a Monday night Sangha gathering.
The retreat cost includes food and accommodation. Financial assistance may be available for those in need.
What to Bring:
- meditation cushion, and/or other meditation props you prefer (benches, zafus etc.) We will have extras if you do not or cannot bring one yourself.
- blanket for total relaxation practice
- notebook or journal
- bedding or a warm sleeping bag and a pillow including a sheet (bare mattresses are provided with no bedding). It is dormitory style accommodation in shared rooms.
- loose, comfortable, warm clothing such as sweatpants, also a small blanket or sweater, and walking/hiking shoes or boots
- warm coat plus a hat, scarf and gloves or mitts for walking meditation outdoors
- slippers or indoor shoes
- towel and soap, toiletries
- earplugs (there are bound to be some loud sleepers among us)
- a flashlight for any nighttime strolls
Feel free to come to our regular Monday night Sangha gatherings if you have questions (come early to connect before the start of the regular service) or send us a note via the form below: