Our current practice:
Want to practice with us? The first step is to join our list-serve.
Online Weekly Practice: Mondays 7:00-8:15 pm MST
Online Morning Meditation: Monday-Friday 7:45-8:15am MST
Outdoor walking meditation: Once a month, in Calgary. Announced via our list-serve.
Days of Mindfulness: Quarterly, either in-person, online, or both. Announced via our list-serve and website.
Annual retreat: Announced via website.
Our regular practice often includes:
We have special set practices depending on which Monday of the month.
Don’t worry if you are unfamiliar with a practice! Regardless of the evening you are welcome to visit us and will be given guidance on the evening format. Please arrive 15 minutes early to leave a bit of time to settle in before we begin.
|First Monday of the Month||
Reading of the Five Mindfulness Trainings
|Second Monday of the Month||Talk on our practice with Q & A|
|Third Monday of the Month||Two periods of sitting meditation and one period of walking meditation.|
|Fourth Monday of the Month||Listen to a recorded Dharma talk|
We also practice:
- Touching the Earth
- Recitation of the Five Mindfulness Trainings (Generally on the first Monday of each month).
- Mindfulness Days
- Yearly Retreat
You do not have to be a Buddhist to sit. Just be open to reveal a deeper meaning to the world. We are a diverse group of people from many religions and spiritual backgrounds. If you have no experience with meditation, one of the sangha community will be happy to offer a warm, helping hand to get you started.
- Out of respect for all, please arrive a few minutes early and make your way to your cushion before 7:00 pm so that you can settle mindfully and peacefully and the evening’s practice can begin promptly
- The meditation hall is a quiet place for practice, please help us practice noble silence and mutual respect when approaching and after you are seated
- When sitting, first bow to your cushion (the seat of enlightenment) and then turn around and bow to the Sangha
- Mindfulness bells are the sound of the Buddha calling us to practice, please help us by stopping what you are doing or saying so that we can all come back to ourselves when you hear a bell being invited.
We hold mindfulness days regularly. We practice sitting meditation, chanting, practice discussion, walking meditation, complete relaxation, guided meditation and mindful eating.
On mindfulness days, we practice together as a community in noble silence to deepen our practice and connection with one another.